Training of Psychosocial Trainers
Specialized Community Based Psycho-social Workers - Training
• Initial classroom and field training: 5 weeks full time
• WEDNESDAY – Ongoing training: One day a week forever!!!
• In first year: Certificate from PSTIC for 400 hours training.
Health Advocates / Housing Advocates / Community Outreach - Training
• On-the-job skills training
• Specialist skills for Assessment / Communication / Advocacy skills
Psychiatrists / Psychologists – At PSTIC and MOH
• Capacity building for interdisciplinary support / psychotherapy / counseling
Supervision / Support for all
• WEEKLY team meetings for case review – support - planning – problem solving with Team Leaders, Mental Health and Health Advisors
• MONTHLY team support group – care for the caregiver